Things to consider when hiring a graphic designer
- Start by looking locally for a great logo designer. This will make it easier throughout the design process and will allow both you and your designer to be hands on and meet in person when needed.
- Find four or five of the best design companies and review their website and portfolios. Make notes about the look of their website and other projects they have completed. Chances are that if you like what you see in these two areas, you will like the work they do for you.
- Once you have narrowed down your choices to two or three, ask for the pricing. Many logo designers will offer packages and you definitely want to find out what is included (number of mock-ups or concepts, number of revisions, color or black and white, file format, refund policies and much more).
- Meet with the designer and ask all of your questions. Get to know your designer, and more importantly, let the designer ask you questions about you and your business. A passionate designer will want to get to know you and your personality. This will help the designer in preparing your logo design.
- Another important piece in hiring a logo design company is completion time. Always make sure that the designer will be able to work within your goals and time frame. Be realistic in your expectations of how quickly you expect the process to be. Remember the better the designer knows you and what you want, the better the design.
Hiring a logo designer can be a tedious task, but a necessary one. If you truly want your company to stand out and be remembered, a great logo is required. The tips above can save you valuable time when searching for the perfect logo designing company.