How to choose a color scheme for your logo design
Your logo is the face of your company – its visual identity – a symbol that instantly impresses to the world what your business is all about. As you can see, the importance of capturing the essence of your company, communicating the quality and character of your business, are essential to your success.
Your logo solidifies your brand in a multitude of ways, which makes choosing the color scheme for your logo so important. Custom logo design is so much more than just drawing a picture – the colors you choose for your logo will portray your personality and more. ImageDpi Graphics can help you tell your visual story to the world with our logo design services.
Color plays a huge role in perception and can influence customers. The right combination of colors can draw in customers and highlight your strengths, while the wrong combination can have customers running! Print design inspiration is difficult for many business owners and understanding how to choose a color scheme is equally difficult. Here are a few elements to consider when choosing your color scheme:
- Understand your business and its strengths. You should choose colors to represent your business based on your personality and your virtues. Do you want to convey innovation, compassion, efficiency or simplicity? When you identify your focus and goals, you will then choose successful colors.
- Do not be afraid to mix it up. You do not need to stick with one color. In fact, you may choose several colors that represent who you are. ImageDpi Graphics can help you pick your palette choices, and experiment with multiple choices.
- Your Virginia logo design needs to be sensitive to cultural meanings. Certain colors are viewed with symbolic meanings in some cultures, and you certainly do not want to offend any customers.
- Standing out from the completion is important to the survival and success of your business. We understand and know graphic design in Washington DC, and can help you effectively choose a color that will differ dramatically from the competition, giving you a powerful identifier.
As a print design company in Virginia, we understand the multiple meanings of colors and how they affect and evoke human response. Colors have a variety of meanings and here are just a few to keep in mind when choose your logo color scheme:
- Red is a dynamic color and can represent danger, warmth, and energy. It has been associated with stimulating the appetite, which is why you see it in so many food related logos.
- Green is usually associated with nature. Organic, freshness, and growth are common representations. Green is also associated with money or financial logos.
- Blue is the most widely used color in logos today. It is thought to represent integrity, professionalism and success. It has also been widely used in the health care industry as a symbol of authority and calm.
You now understand the importance of color in your logo and know that it is the heart and soul of your brand and business image. Contact us today and see how we can help you define your logo colors.
- Start by looking locally for a great logo designer. This will make it easier throughout the design process and will allow both you and your designer to be hands on and meet in person when needed.
- Find four or five of the best design companies and review their website and portfolios. Make notes about the look of their website and other projects they have completed. Chances are that if you like what you see in these two areas, you will like the work they do for you.
- Once you have narrowed down your choices to two or three, ask for the pricing. Many logo designers will offer packages and you definitely want to find out what is included (number of mock-ups or concepts, number of revisions, color or black and white, file format, refund policies and much more).
- Meet with the designer and ask all of your questions. Get to know your designer, and more importantly, let the designer ask you questions about you and your business. A passionate designer will want to get to know you and your personality. This will help the designer in preparing your logo design.
- Another important piece in hiring a logo design company is completion time. Always make sure that the designer will be able to work within your goals and time frame. Be realistic in your expectations of how quickly you expect the process to be. Remember the better the designer knows you and what you want, the better the design.
Hiring a logo designer can be a tedious task, but a necessary one. If you truly want your company to stand out and be remembered, a great logo is required. The tips above can save you valuable time when searching for the perfect logo designing company.